[DPRG] wiki

Subject: [DPRG] wiki
From: David dpa at io.isem.smu.edu
Date: Mon Mar 10 12:05:00 CDT 2008

Howdy,

Jeff wrote:
 > Are you still using the Mini Robomind board in jBot?

Yes, I have several.

 > I think I'm going to buy one, unless I find something better. (One was
 > discussed recently, but its name escapes me, it was about $350.

Might have been the Qwerk controller, Linux ARM processor with integrated
FPGA pwm, encoders, servos, etc.

I played with one for a few days, Ed Paradis has it now.  It's a little
short
on documentation at this point.  For that matter, so is the MRM board, but
there is not much to it: a 68332 with some memory and an auxiliary A/D
converter.  Plus you can buy three of them for $350.   The main
documentation
required for the MRM board is the Motorola Tech books on the 68332, the TPU,
and CPU32Bug Monitor, a modified version of which Mark has loaded into flash
when you get the board.  I got my docs for free from the Dallas Motorola
center up on North Central Expressway in Richardson (Plano?).

best regards,
dpa