[DPRG] Auto-darkening welding helmets

Subject: [DPRG] Auto-darkening welding helmets
From: DeltaGraph at aol.com DeltaGraph at aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 27 12:37:16 CDT 2008

Hey Brian/Steve

I have an auto-dark helmet also.
I must profess I have only done about 2 linear feet of welding, but do seem
to recall a minor bit of the irritated eye syndrome that either Mike Dodson or
 Dan Bucy mentioned when using auto-darkening helmet.
(I was doing conventional stick arc welding)
It is possible that I did not have the helmet set dark enough?

There is a slight lag in the darkening time on the helmets.
As I recall, more$$ can get you a "faster" helmet.

I found this real quick.
Maybe more research would be warranted??

_http://www.asashop.org/autoinc/jan2002/collision.htm_
(http://www.asashop.org/autoinc/jan2002/collision.htm)

Ron

Home.