[DPRG] Mini Sumo Contest - Open - Ship-IN at UNI May 1st

Subject: [DPRG] Mini Sumo Contest - Open - Ship-IN at UNI May 1st
From: Randy M. Dumse rmd at newmicros.com
Date: Sat Mar 29 12:21:44 CDT 2008

Jeff Koenig said: Saturday, March 29, 2008 11:26 AM
> Very interesting!  Will there be a web page showing the
entries?

The event will be video'd and both available as a web broadcast,
and then a stored video file. The stored video from the first
two events where available as shown in the original post.

> >  http://mm1.uni.edu:8080/ramgen/1/physics/robot_e.rm
> >  http://mm1.uni.edu:8080/ramgen/1/physics/mini-sumo-2007.rm

Are you asking about a page showing the entries prior to the day
of competition? If so we don't have a page like that but it is a
good idea. I can talk to UNI Physics department about putting up
such a thing.

We are developing a new web site to support the sport, but it
hasn't been finished yet. That would be a good place for it.

I can say we had three entries within hours of the
announcements, and Rick Brooks with his Expurt-Mule is returning
this year, and we are suspecting he'll be the unit to beat! So
it should be an exciting event, and possibly setting new
standards for who's got the bragging rights in Mini Sumo.

Randy