[DPRG] Roborama Sat Nov 22 - 12 NOON - Garland Clubhouse

Subject: [DPRG] Roborama Sat Nov 22 - 12 NOON - Garland Clubhouse
From: DeltaGraph at aol.com DeltaGraph at aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 12 06:52:26 CST 2008

All,

I was unaware that the Roborama rules were removed from the DPRG  website.
I believe that Steve will have the rules restored today.

In the meantime:

We are running in the approx. 12 foot Tee shaped course (dimensions  provided
in a link below).
Saturday 12 NOON at the Garland Clubhouse (see dprg.org for  directions)

The course has white walls approx. 3.5 inches high.
The background will be the gray floor of  our clubhouse  and not black.
The endzones will be marked with black tape.

We will be running

Quick Trip (Travel from Zone A to B and back)
Tee-Time  (Visit all three zones A B C in any order)
Line Following (Follow a 1 inch white line on a dark background with  minimum
radius of curvature of 6")

Rules from memory:

Must completely cross the zone lines to qualify a run.
Time for first successful run is recorded (you are allowed up to 3  runs).
Fastest time wins.
Touching walls is OK.
Robot MAX dimensions 18"x18"
Robot must be generally considered safe to run in an area  occupied by humans
that are not protected  by body  armor, self-contained breathing apparatus,
etc.

Line Following Course Example (line shape will be different)
_http://www.dprg.org/gallery/rr2007b/0014.html_
(http://www.dprg.org/gallery/rr2007b/0014.html)

Contest course (except with black background)
_http://www.dprg.org/gallery/rr2006a/_ (http://www.dprg.org/gallery/rr2006a/)

Warehouse floor color example
_http://www.dprg.org/gallery/warehouse/0243.html_
(http://www.dprg.org/gallery/warehouse/0243.html)

Image showing course dimensions & examples for the 3 contests we are  running.
Not running wall-following -- you may use wall-following to run Quick Trip
or Tee-Time if you wish.
Not running can retrieval.

_www.deltagr.com/dprg/miniroborama.jpg_
(http://www.deltagr.com/dprg/miniroborama.jpg)