[DPRG] Thanks for the Advice and an Update

Subject: [DPRG] Thanks for the Advice and an Update
From: Dodd Gatsos dgatsos at hotmail.com
Date: Wed Nov 26 10:47:51 CST 2008

I stopped by the DPRG about two months ago and never took the time to say thank you for your hospitality.  I felt very welcomed at the meeting and it was nice to hang out and discuss ideas with people who have a common interest in robotics.

I appreciate the advice on my robot project and I was finally able to get the basic platform up and running a couple of weeks ago.

I also started a blog in the beginning to record my progress at http://robododd.blogspot.com/  and I've posted videos of the first test runs.

I now need to get some form of input board to the Laptop and consider object detection through infrared or ultrasonic emitters.  Consider building encoders for the motors and get decent camera or two for image processing.

I'm mostly interested in the image processing aspect of it right now and considering not worrying about the motor encoders to see how the image processing may or may not be able to compensate for the idiosyncrasies of the drive train.

Wish I could have made the RoboRama.  Sounds like it was a great time.  Maybe I'll have something workable for the Spring event.

Thanks again for all your help,
Dodd