[DPRG] Tini2138 and BOE/BOEbot

Subject: [DPRG] Tini2138 and BOE/BOEbot
From: Bruce K. Harlan bkharlan at bkharlan.com
Date: Sat Nov 29 10:55:45 CST 2008

Hi.

In trying to run a BOEbot (Revision C) with a Tini2138 instead of the
Stamp processor,

1) We are able to get power to the Tini2138 (all 3 LEDs are
illuminated). We have a 9v. battery on the BOE to get sufficient power
to the Tini and have the BOEbot configured to run regulated power to the
motors. We have the Tini2138 in the appropriate carrier and it is
mounted on the BOEbot.

2) We cannot get communications signal established. We are using a
USB-to-serial cable and the Philips GUI to communicate. Both the
computer control panel settings and the Philips GUI agree that it is
COM2 and 9600 baud, but we still get the "Unable to communicate with
test board" error. The Philips GUI makes no mention of parity or stop
bits, so we used the default settings on the computer.

3) A check of the Philips FAQ and a dogpile.com search did not turn up
any answers to this problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to open communications with the
Tini2138 in this situation?

Sincerely,

Bruce K. Harlan
Nathan Harlan