[DPRG] Tini2138 and BOE/BOEbot

Subject: [DPRG] Tini2138 and BOE/BOEbot
From: Dale Wheat dale at dalewheat.com
Date: Sat Nov 29 11:23:33 CST 2008

Bruce,

I had something similar working about a year or so ago, using one of the
prototype robot chassis donated by Jon Williams.  It had a BOE inside and I
replaced the BASIC Stamp with a TiniARM module from New Micros.

You have to drive P0.14 either high or low (I forget which) during reset to get
the LPC2138 to enter bootloader mode.  You can use one of the other RS232 lines
to do this for you, and another RS232 line to act as a reset line.  This will
allow you to reprogram the part "handsfree".  This method is also available
using the lpc21isp command line software, which I prefer to the Philips utility.

Thanks,

Dale Wheat

(972) 486-1317
(877) DALE WHEAT