[DPRG] April's Meeting

Subject: [DPRG] April's Meeting
From: Ed Paradis legomaniac at gmail.com
Date: Sun Apr 12 13:51:00 CDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to thank Will for the excellent presentation on PID
control.  I considered myself pretty informed on the topic and I
learned all sorts of things.

Amongst the topics he covered were some of the historical background
of PID control, the need to properly define the control system's
requirements, physical interpretations of the PID parameters, and a
painless mathematical description of the PID method.

He also went into detail on why you need to have PID and not just PD
or PI controllers, and even some situations where you can get by with
one or the other.

Ed