[DPRG] Hello Everybody

Subject: [DPRG] Hello Everybody
From: Dean Hall dwhall256 at gmail.com
Date: Thu Aug 20 08:24:53 CDT 2009

You'll have to find an electronics antique store if you want an HC11.
To get 64 KB of memory means you'll have to use a latch an inverter
and external RAM which consumes about half of the available I/O pins.
You *can* reclaim the pins using an HC24 port replacement unit, but
that is yet another chip in the design and is *very* difficult part to
find.  Imagecraft used to make a good C compiler for the HC11, but I
don't think they sell or support it anymore.  If you have invested a
lot of time in learning the HC11 architecture, you could follow the
manufacturer's upgrade path and look at the Freescale Star-12 series.
But I believe you'd be better served to use a manufacturer and device
that has broad community support.  I second Ed's recommendation; a lot
of people (beginners and experienced alike) have made successful
projects using the Arduino.

!!Dean