[DPRG] Hello Everybody

Subject: [DPRG] Hello Everybody
From: Randy M. Dumse rmd at newmicros.com
Date: Thu Aug 20 08:49:42 CDT 2009

Dean Hall said: Thursday, August 20, 2009 8:25 AM
> You'll have to find an electronics antique store if you want
> an HC11.

Hey, that's a bit harsh. We still sell 68HC11 boards to many
customers. In many ways, power being a big one, it is very hard
to beat.

Advancing someone from a HC11 (came out in 1987) to a AVR (came
out in 1995) is not that much of a jump. If he wanted to step to
the front of technology, one of the ARMs that came out last year
would probably be more appropriate.

But a good reason to use the HC11 may be the documentation. It
is featured heavily in Jones and Flynn's mobile robots.

Anyway, we still sell HC11 boards and include a free Small C
compiler. Gary if you're curious you can visit our web site.

Randy
www.newmicros.com