[DPRG] Hello Everybody

Subject: [DPRG] Hello Everybody
From: John Dolecek jdolecek at gmail.com
Date: Thu Aug 20 08:57:26 CDT 2009

I think you'd be suprised how much information there is on the Arduino/AVR
chips.  I've never even heard of anyone using an HC11, but the Arduino/AVR
community is HUGE and the documentation quite good.  Also, there are new AVR
chips coming out all the time with more features, more memory, and more IO.
I'm currently using an Atmega 1280 (Arduino MEGA) on Sawtooth and I haven't
even scratched the surface of what it can do.  About the only thing I can
think of that you couldn't really do on a single processor is vision stuff.
>From a price and ease of learning standpoint the Arduino family is head and
shoulders above anything else in it's class, IMO.

Check out Dale's class, it's a great intro what makes the Arduino tick and
how to get started.

John