[DPRG] Hello Everybody

Subject: [DPRG] Hello Everybody
From: DeltaGraph at aol.com DeltaGraph at aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 20 12:48:08 CDT 2009

MechGeek,

Another plus if going with something like AVR family is if you decide you
want to add a 2nd or 3rd... microcontroller to handle a simple task you
will find a big selection of chips ranging from about $1 that use virtually the
 same processor core, but have less program memory, less RAM and less
peripheral  devices than say a bigger processor like MEGA 128/256. My last major
project  used 7 such processors all doing different things. I was able to
use the same  tool set (WinAVR with GCC compiler and Atmel's AVR Studio -- all
free tools and  moving from processor to processor was pretty easy.

I did a search for AVR on digikey and it came up with something like 1200
matches (of course different speed / packages for each part..)

Ron