[DPRG] Hello Everybody

Subject: [DPRG] Hello Everybody
From: Gary Burton mechgeek2000 at gmail.com
Date: Thu Aug 20 21:53:53 CDT 2009

After looking at the AVRs and ARMs for the last few hours. Both have their
merits and a great many of them. The Arduino 328 looks like a great start
and fits most of the parameters, which I was looking to hit 80% or better.
It's a bit skimpy on memory, but there is an upgrade path via the 1280. So
all is good. I was looking at a month or more to decide and build a MCU
module or just get a stamp 2 and play with it while I did more research.

I just ordered an AtMega 328 and a battery clip, should get them next week
sometime. So plus 3 weeks on the time scale, and didn't spend a lot of money
to get it either.  I am now as they say, committed.

Thank you to everybody that replied to my query and your advice. All MCUs
have their bonuses and drawbacks, just have to figure out the best match
according to skill and application. Right now, my skills are quite basic as
far as robotics go.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

--
Find my blog at: