[DPRG] Motor Control and parts shopping

Subject: [DPRG] Motor Control and parts shopping
From: John Dolecek jdolecek at gmail.com
Date: Fri Aug 28 10:45:56 CDT 2009

"Old tricks are the best tricks!  Use what works!"

That's not a very innovative thing to say.  I say find a good idea and
improve on it.  You don't have to reinvent the wheel, but you also don't
have to do the same thing everybody else has done.

I think before anything you need to decide how much current capability you
will really need.  Maybe an L293 is the best deal.  But it's no good if you
need more current capacity than it can handle.  Have you already selected
the other components?  Are you just re-powering an existing bot, or building
from scratch?

John
"Innovate, don't imitate"