[DPRG] July Meeting + Packing Up And Moving Status

Subject: [DPRG] July Meeting + Packing Up And Moving Status
From: DeltaGraph at aol.com DeltaGraph at aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 11 20:23:31 CDT 2009

All,

We had a great meeting today. Thanks to all who attended!
I am sure Paul's minutes will have many details I have left out  here.
Sorry, if I am stepping on your toes Paul  -- main purpose of  this email
was originally to give status on moving which I have been obsessing  over a
bit -- making sure we get out on time.

Dave from Probotics America (_www.ProboticsAmerica.com_
(http://www.ProboticsAmerica.com) ) attended  and extended his offer to host RBNO at his
company location ( Near 35 and  Walnunt Hill Lane). I will make a point to stop by
his place this Monday if that  works out for Dave to get a better idea of
space they have available. Sounds  very promising for at least a monthly
RBNO, then see where is goes and if our  presence works out for Dave and us.

We also have on the table and offer from Andy whose business is XMAX games
at 1931 Skillman, just east of 75 which we need to check out.

Also, I believe, as another possibilty, it would be great to find a  North
Dallas location closer to our current location for a non-conflicting RBNO.
I believe Paul mentioned that he and Ed might ask around at UTD to see if
there  might be interest in having us.

Very nice to meet some new people including Bob Cunningham, a classmate of
Jim Tanner (Tanner Electronics) and Jeff Tregre who is an experienced model
 builder / electrical engineer (_www.BuildingUltimateModels.com_
(http://www.BuildingUltimateModels.com) ).

Speaking of Tanner Electronics, if Probotics location works out -- very
nice that just north on 35 is Tanner Electronics which might be a big plus,
i.e., combining trips to RBNO and Tanners (nice if gas keeps climbing in  $).

Hey, and a thanks to Rocky and Rick bringing out Moon Dawg (Paul will
elaborate)

And another thanks to Paul for a brilliant report/presentation/demo on what
 he, Jonathan and Brock have been doing with Roomba (will let Paul
elaborate  there for sure).

-----

On the MOVING FRONT. Nice progress

- Charlie took the leftovers on data book giveaway
- Charlie and Dale are potential takers for heavy workbenches -- anyone
else want to get on the list?
- Server rack still needs a home
- Fridge?
- Ed Okerson is buying the small A/C unit
- We still need homes for Formica topped, two drawer, two door counter high
 cabinet units (they have wheels that can be reatached)
- Ed Okerson offered up book boxes for library books

If Probotics works out we may tote 3 or 4 tables and 1/2 chairs  there.
Also might be able to store equipment there -- Dave suggests DPRG labels on
 everything.
(I will get a better Idea when I visit)

Also, Ed Okerson expressed interest in doing work on Tankbot.
I know Scott Sumner expressed interest also (I believe) so we need to work
that out.

This week would like to get firm claims on all items benches and cabinet
modules and server rack or get stuff up on Craigslist -- so please speak
up...

Thanks for everyone's support and also offers to help move and store  items.

Also, a Get Well to our absent Librarian, Doug Emes, who must be close to
6'5" and 350 lbs who was taken down and beat up by 5th graders, at a church
retreat, in what must of looked like something out of Gulliver's Travels.
(The kids were having fun with Doug - aka Pinada Man -- and things got  out
of hand and now Doug is all bruised and can't get off the sofa).

OK, I am in trouble now -- must quit.

Regards
Ron Grant

steps!