[DPRG] Re: Here's what we need for the next DPRG WHQ - fixed link

Subject: [DPRG] Re: Here's what we need for the next DPRG WHQ - fixed link
From: DeltaGraph at aol.com DeltaGraph at aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 19 07:47:31 CDT 2009

Very nice Paul,
It would need some modification to target more than a single receiver
within a given volume which is an interesting problem when you think about it.

Putting determination the receiver location aside, I would assume the goal
would be to solve for  azimuth angle, elevation angle and initial velocity
to minimize the kinetic energy of the can when it reaches the  receiver.

I guess when you think about it, if one expects the receiver (hand) to
exist on a given horizontal plane, then with the calculation of azimuth  the
problem has been reduced to the simple 2D problem presented in high  school
physics texts.   Of course you might have to take in to account  maximum
height of projectile being limited to ceiling height, so you might need  variable
velocity on the projectile complicating the machine just a bit.

Maybe one is better served by walking over to the fridge.

Ron

Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585099x1201462822/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jul
yExcfooterNO62)