[DPRG] Breadboard Adruino class at Very Last RBNO

Subject: [DPRG] Breadboard Adruino class at Very Last RBNO
From: Dale Wheat dale at dalewheat.com
Date: Wed Jul 22 16:19:07 CDT 2009

RBNO folks,

Next week on Tuesday, 28 July 2009 at 7:00 PM I will be celebrating our Very
Last RBNO at the Modern Assemblies location in Garland TX by conducting a
"Breadboard Arduino" hands-on class.

In this class attendees will build an "Arduino-compatible" microcontroller
circuit on a solderless breadboard and use the free (in every sense) software to
write and download programs.  All required components and example programs will
be provided.  Participants will need to bring a laptop computer with a
reasonably recent operating system and a working USB port.  See the Arduino.cc
website for exact system requirements.  Go ahead and download and install the
Arduino IDE software for your favorite OS (Mac, Linux & Windows currently
supported.  Sorry BeOS fans!).

The class is expected to last somewhere between 90 minutes to 2 hours, but we
will stay until everyone leaves happy.  :)  It should be a fun class and provide
a lot of opportunities to learn and play with your new toy in the future.

There has been a lot of interest in this class from DPRG members.  I have to
limit the very first class to 10 participants.  Subsequent classes will be
scheduled as soon as we can find a suitable location.

The cost of the class is $25 which includes all components and documentation
(except a laptop or other computer of some sort).  I can accept cash, major
credit cards and personal checks.

Since space is limited, please respond directly to me (not the list) to confirm
your place in this first class.

I look forward to a fun and productive class on the eve of our Exodus.  My
understanding is that there will be quite a lot going on, festivity-wise.  Come
on down and enjoy the fun!

Thanks,

Dale Wheat

(972) 486-1317