[DPRG] We could have monthly business meetings at Nicholson Memorial Libr...

Subject: [DPRG] We could have monthly business meetings at Nicholson Memorial Libr...
From: John Dolecek jdolecek at gmail.com
Date: Fri Jul 24 08:19:35 CDT 2009

Great idea on the work locations Dale.  I work right next to Addison
Airport.

However, I'm not suggesting we calcluate the 'optimal' position to 'several
decimal places'.  Of course that's going to get you nowhere.  I'm merely
asking that members not in the extreme northeast part of Dallas be taken
into consideration.  It has nothing to do with 'convenience'.  It has to do
with the alienation of current and potential members not located in that
northeast dallas area.  If I wanted convenience, I would have bought a
robot.  Instead I chose to build one.  If I wanted convenience, I wouldn't
be learning how to program, I would be using others libraries.

You suggest that 'convenience' be given a lower priority, what would you
consider a higher priority?  There are obviously lots of places for us to
meet as you and others have demonstrated.  True, we won't have our own
space, but is that all this is about?

John