[DPRG] We could have monthly business meetings at Nicholson Memorial Libr...

Subject: [DPRG] We could have monthly business meetings at Nicholson Memorial Libr...
From: Dale Wheat dale at dalewheat.com
Date: Fri Jul 24 08:37:56 CDT 2009

John,

I certainly wasn't picking on you and your idea, John.  I like the idea.  We
should pursue some sort of methodology that serves the most members.  You & I
are in complete agreement.

Sadly, the DPRG does not have a good track record of cooperation and
group-think.  My experience here has been that committees get nothing done and
inspired individuals do all the work.  Not perfect, non-optimal, but here we are.

We've been holding RBNOs in Garland because we had a fantastic resource
available in Garland.  Now we don't.  The opportunity to find a new & better
place to do whatever it is that we do is before us.  Could be anywhere.  Unless
it's at my house, I'm looking at quite a drive, but that's just me.

I consider the highest priority, and always have, to be Quality.  Not
convenience, not cost, not time, but quality.  Good tools, good facilities, good
people, good food :)  I prefer to surround myself with people, like you, who
would rather build something, maybe several times, instead of just buying
something, for the sake of learning and the thrill of creating things.  I was
simply hoping to avert the focus from "convenience" to some other aspect.

Please don't think I was attacking your idea.  Any negativity on my part was
directed at our failures in the past.  I believe that we have a lot to look
forward to.

Thanks,

Dale Wheat

(972) 486-1317