[DPRG] We could have monthly business meetings at Nicholson Memorial Libr...

Subject: [DPRG] We could have monthly business meetings at Nicholson Memorial Libr...
From: R. Steven Rainwater srainwater at ncc.com
Date: Fri Jul 24 09:59:12 CDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-07-24 at 07:37 -0600, Dale Wheat wrote:
> We've been holding RBNOs in Garland because we had a fantastic resource
> available in Garland.  Now we don't.  The opportunity to find a new & better
> place to do whatever it is that we do is before us.  Could be anywhere.  Unless
> it's at my house, I'm looking at quite a drive, but that's just me.
>
> I consider the highest priority, and always have, to be Quality.  Not
> convenience, not cost, not time, but quality.  Good tools, good facilities, good
> people, good food :)

I'll second that. Our priority needs to be finding the right sort of
space and not worrying so much about where it is. While I'm with Randy
in that I'd prefer to see us move back towards a more central location
for meetings, the truth is, I'm going to show up no matter where we
meet.

If anyone has suggestions for weekly RBNO meeting places or monthly
meeting places, now is the time suggest them. We'll be trying out new
locations for a while.

And if anyone wants to pursue the idea of a member map, add me on - I
live in Irving and work in downtown Dallas.

If there's enough interest, I could modify the member DB on the website
to include GPS coordinates or something similar.

-Steve
 http://www.ncc.com/humans/srainwater/