[DPRG] We could have monthly business meetings at Nicholson Memorial Libr...

Subject: [DPRG] We could have monthly business meetings at Nicholson Memorial Libr...
From: Randy M. Dumse rmd at newmicros.com
Date: Fri Jul 24 15:21:32 CDT 2009

R. Steven Rainwater said: Friday, July 24, 2009 9:59 AM
> If there's enough interest, I could modify the member DB on
> the website to include GPS coordinates or something similar.

I'd recommend against drawing conclusions based on current,
active member locations. I'd say that's more a measure of where
we've been meeting the last few years than where our current AND
potential members are. I stopped coming to meetings because the
floor at the museum hurt my legs and back. (Yeah I'm a whimp
that way. But remember, it's 4 hours of driving for me to make a
meeting, and I'm already sore by the time I get there.) RBNOs
weren't all that convenient for me either. My point being if you
measure where your current membership is, you get only those
willing to go to those places you've been using. The exclusion
of past and potential current members is therefore reinforced.

Randy