[DPRG] We could have monthly business meetings at Nicholson Memorial Libr...

Subject: [DPRG] We could have monthly business meetings at Nicholson Memorial Libr...
From: R. Steven Rainwater srainwater at ncc.com
Date: Fri Jul 24 16:12:39 CDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-07-24 at 15:21 -0500, Randy M. Dumse wrote:
> My point being if you measure where your current membership
> is, you get only those willing to go to those places you've
> been using. The exclusion of past and potential current
> members is therefore reinforced.

Actually, I agree. I've pointed that out at a couple of RBNO discussions
where the reasoning was essentially, "everyone who comes to Garland for
the RBNO thinks having RBNOs in Garland is a pretty good idea, so
Garland must be the best possible location". :)

But as we mentioned earlier, we'll be trying different locations over
the next month or two, so your best bet is to vote with your feet by
coming to the meetings or RBNOs in the locations you like most. Or
suggest some other places to try. We're already considering RBNOs at
35/Walnut Hill, a location in Lakewood, and some others. I think we'll
have a more definitive list within a few days.

Since the group is likely to be semi-nomadic for at least a year, it
might be cool to bring back the Robot Power Lunch (RPL) idea too. I'd be
happy to have one down here in Deep Ellum once in a while.

-Steve