[DPRG] We could have monthly business meetings at NicholsonMemorial Libr...

Subject: [DPRG] We could have monthly business meetings at NicholsonMemorial Libr...
From: Randy M. Dumse rmd at newmicros.com
Date: Sun Jul 26 16:20:39 CDT 2009

R. Steven Rainwater said: Friday, July 24, 2009 4:13 PM
> Actually, I agree. I've pointed that out at a couple of RBNO
> discussions where the reasoning was essentially, "everyone
> who comes to Garland for the RBNO thinks having RBNOs in
> Garland is a pretty good idea, so Garland must be the best
> possible location". :)

Looking at the map so far, and realizing we only have a test
sample, it looks strongly like the WHQ in Garland was indeed
very convenient with people we see are active. And then there's
everybody else in the club across the metropled which were
pretty well poorly served and by that location. Notice the
inactive members were in the far west.

Commenting on the data, from my personal experience. I don't see
Kip, and he's in the north of Dallas. Robert Jordan was
president, is now inactive, and is in the Garland area. Travis
was from the Park Cities area. (So much for other member's
houses I've been too personally). But then Jeffery Valentine and
his Dad were from... Lewisville or someplace north, and what was
the Lego's gal? Sherry? Was from Arlington if I recall. So many
I remember were from west of the WHQ location.

So to my thinking, we've had a self fulfilling filter,
eliminating members the more westernly they lived, and
reinforced membership in a narrow swath on the extreme north
east of the metroplex. At current count of points on the page,
about 9 members were very well served, and twice that many
members were very poorly served.

Again, kudos to Mike. That was an incredible space and a very
generous donation. I have no gripes at all with Mike, but I do
have one about how his donation was used.

I think the club management should have recognized the
consequences, and done more to represent the whole membership,
which has dwindled and changed character because of the choice
of locations for meetings and RBNOs.

Randy