[DPRG] We could have monthly business meetings at NicholsonMemorial Libr...

Subject: [DPRG] We could have monthly business meetings at NicholsonMemorial Libr...
From: DeltaGraph at aol.com DeltaGraph at aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 26 22:00:53 CDT 2009

In a message dated 7/26/2009 4:21:07 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
rmd at newmicros.com writes:

I think  the club management should have recognized the
consequences, and done more  to represent the whole membership,
which has dwindled and changed character  because of the choice
of locations for meetings and RBNOs.

Yeah, Randy, I agree. I helped make that happen.
I know we had a few people that would show up at Fair Park meetings that
were less apt to make the drive to Garland -- just a few.

I really feel like the ideal situation is a location that is 30 minutes or
less really starts to become practical. My 5 years, traveling from Irving
to  Garland was really grating on me as far as the drive and waste of time
traveling  (almost 2 hours round trip).

Driving long distances is a life wasting, time and money sucking  monster
in my humble opinion. (Of course we do it when we think it is worth it.)
When I commuted from Irving to Arlington (UTA) during my college years, I  did
everything I could do to pack my 30 minute commute to UTA into 2 days a week
 most semesters.

The harsh reality for RBNO is probably multiple locations is the only way
to go versus 1 central location, if we can make it happen.

Maybe putting people on a map will help guide us. Of course with limited
club resources, it is all about the individuals, so step up if you have an
idea  and can help support the idea.

We have a really nice group of members in the club right now and I  feel
confident that we will do really well with trying to make things work out  for
the best in the near future. This includes making things work out for new
members or some old members we might attract.

My main concern with multiple locations (if we find that multiple locations
 work) is to find the best way to support them. That is, if alternating
weeks  works best to allow members that will travel to both locations to do so
increasing support rather than thinning it out...

Ron

PS If you live in DFW area and have not put yourself on the map, please do
so..
Instructions provided by Rocky:

try these steps to edit google maps:

    1.  create a google account
    2.  log in
    3.  goto maps
    4.  click 'my map'
    5.  click 'create new map'
for pratice, make your own family/friends  map 1st [so you wont mess up
dprg map]
    6.  to edit dprg map, click _here_
(http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=100731560341289922762.00046f78346b2de6f3456&z=9)
    7.  you SHOULD now see an EDIT button
    8.  click 'edit'
    9.  use the toolbar at the top/left corner of the map to add map
objects
    10. click 'save', click 'done' [saves changes and done  collaborating]

see? only 10 easy step! :(

robotrock =]

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585106x1201462830/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd