[DPRG] RoombaComm 0.96 Setup with FireFly BlueTooth and 535

Subject: [DPRG] RoombaComm 0.96 Setup with FireFly BlueTooth and 535
From: Bernie Doehner foxmoy at yahoo.com
Date: Wed Jul 29 21:24:12 CDT 2009

Hello,

I am new to hacking the roomba, and just installed DPRG's roombacomm 0.96 and am attempting to use it with my Firefly bluetooth and 535.

I did change the baud rate to 115k2.

However, when I run RoombaCommTest,
the buttons seem to be mismatched.

Reset, and any of the arrows just make it follow the normal algorithm.

I have selected Roomba 5xx (OI). Any of the command line mode java programs similarly don't make it go in the proper direction (like DriveRealTime)

I am wondering if it's maybe set to non 5xx commands?

Any suggestions on where to start debugging this? Are there configuration things I should check?

Thanks,
Bernie