[DPRG] Running Robot (WOW)

Subject: [DPRG] Running Robot (WOW)
From: Rud Merriam k5rud at arrl.net
Date: Fri Jul 31 12:52:15 CDT 2009

I found it especially interesting that both feet are off the ground
momentarily when running. You can just see this toward the end of the
high-speed camera portion of the video. Not having complete positive
control, i.e. both feet on the ground, seems to me a big step (no pun
intended).

I wonder why the robot starts running in place for both the push-off-balance
segment and the high-speed run.

It would be interesting to know how complicated the balancing routines are.
Is this emergent behavior from some simple rules or highly complex
equations.

 - 73 -
Rud Merriam K5RUD
ARES AEC Montgomery County, TX