[DPRG] Compass Circuit

Subject: [DPRG] Compass Circuit
From: Rud Merriam k5rud at arrl.net
Date: Thu Nov 5 17:29:12 CST 2009

I am about to connect up a Deventech compass module which use I2S for
communications, using a Deventech USB to I2S adapter. I'll let you know what
I think of it. I should be doing it Friday or over the weekend. See
http://www.acroname.com/robotics/parts/R117-COMPASS. This is the same one
you have the URL for from Robot Electronics.

I've had an interesting experience with software development on the Android
cell phone (the Google Phone). It has compass and accelerometer. You really
need both to keep the compass accurate when tilted.

 - 73 -
Rud Merriam K5RUD
ARES AEC Montgomery County, TX
http://mysticlakesoftware.com/