[DPRG] Voltage Conversion

Subject: [DPRG] Voltage Conversion
From: Dale Wheat dale at dalewheat.com
Date: Thu Nov 26 09:01:17 CST 2009

Charles,

Jameco has some modules that might work.

36-72V in 12V @ 8.5A $41.95
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=212469

This one fits the bill but it's pricey (methinks):

36-72V in 12V @ 27.5A out $119.95
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=1953997

MPJA has several 48V-in DC-DC converter modules in stock.  None seem to match
your specs exactly but their stock changes frequently.  You might be able to
piece together something from multiple modules:

48V in 5V @ 20A out $80
http://www.mpja.com/prodinfo.asp?number=6654+PS

48V in 5V @ 10A out $65
http://www.mpja.com/prodinfo.asp?number=7730+PS

48V in 12V @ 7A out $80
http://www.mpja.com/prodinfo.asp?number=17063+PS

BG Micro has some smaller modules with smaller price tags:

36-72V in 5V @ 4A out $6.95
http://www.bgmicro.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=12956
http://www.bgmicro.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=12955

You might also want to look at surplus telco power supplies.  They ran from -48V
and provided several outputs.  You'd have to deal with the polarity issue but
the price might be "right".

Or you could always build your own.  How hard could it be?  :D

Thanks,

Dale Wheat

(972) 486-1317
(877) DALE WHEAT