[DPRG] looking for sponsors

Subject: [DPRG] looking for sponsors
From: vincent lopresti spaceminers2010 at yahoo.com
Date: Tue Sep 1 12:39:09 CDT 2009

please forward to interested parties...

The SpaceMiners are looking for a few great sponsors who would like to gain worldwide exposure at the 2009 Lunar Regolith Excavation Centennial Challenge hosted by NASA. This event is scheduled on October 15th, 2009 at the Moffett Field Airbase in California.

Our mission is to design and construct MoonDawg, a dirt digging robot capable of excavating 330+lbs of dirt within 30min for $500,000 [1st prize]. MoonDawg is near completion and will be fully operational by September 15th, 2009. however, we need sponsorship to cover contest registration fees and travel expenses [approx $5-6k]. MoonDawg will debut at Fencon VI Sci-Fi Convention in Dallas, September 18th-20th, 2009.

The SpaceMiners, located in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas, were established in 2005 to perform at the 1st Annual Space Elevator contest. we were seen wearing our T-shirts with sponsors logos on CNN news! we were also published in Popular Science, 1st issue of Dallas CEO Magazine, Wired, and many other online news & i-zine sites. in 2006, the SpaceMiners were filmed in a French Space documentary entitled, "The Space Cowboys". This year we estimate to have even greater exposure due to our expansion into multiple aerospace contests.

[past sponsors: Dremel, Edmund Scientific, Sunrise Medical, PRG, Syncrolite, Barlag Tool & Mfg, Imprint Texas, Advanced Mobility Systems, Texas Tool & Die]

Active sponsors will have company logos printed on coffee cups, t-shirts, 3D trading cards, banners, flyers, lite-up frisbees, etc. the top sponsors logo will be placed on the MoonDawg robot for maximum exposure during press conferences and competition.

Please inform any of your contacts whom you feel may have interest in supporting and advertising with the SpaceMiners during this historical aerospace event.

click for videos, photos, and other info:
www.youtube.com/spaceminers
www.facebook.com/spaceminers
www.myspace.com/spaceminers
www.spaceminers.org