[DPRG] RBNO at Integrated Control Systems Grand Prairie - ON WEDNESDAY

Subject: [DPRG] RBNO at Integrated Control Systems Grand Prairie - ON WEDNESDAY
From: vincent lopresti spaceminers2010 at yahoo.com
Date: Wed Sep 9 16:48:47 CDT 2009

i will try to bring the moondawg and all of his robot guts. maybe we can construct the dumping mechanism or assemble the tread.

Scott is checking out the wheelchair motor controller and joystick to see if it can be easily interfaced to a microcontroller. the signals from the joystick seem to be non-pwm. voltage swings from .8v - 4.8v with a center around 2.5v on both x&y axis. this is an older technology but very inexpensive. newer models all use pwm.

i apologize for not remembering scott's friends names. whoever they were drilled a few good holes for the improved suspension. these guys drove from plano to hurst and back in the middle of the night just to help a little. however, the holes they drilled had to be very precise in order for the robot to travel in a straight line without any offset. i liked these guys alot and hope they visit again.

david w. also stopped by for a few hrs and repaired a wiring harness on the spare controller. note: if your robot all of a sudden jumps at you and tries to roll off the table, it's a good indication that you have just stumbled across an intermittent wire while the joystick is being leaned on! moondawggy weighs about 120lbs. very dangerous yet exciting moment. sheeeew!

thank you very much guys for all your assistance! remember, if we win the contest, you get $100 bucks/hr of time invested plus bonuses!

8 days until deadline #1. i must video tape moondawg digging and dumping dirt and send it to the contest officials for approval as well as a $3000 check... sponsors?? hello?? oh well. this will be a very exciting and fast-paced week!

robotrock =]
817-788-0456