[DPRG] techfest

Subject: [DPRG] techfest
From: vincent lopresti spaceminers2010 at yahoo.com
Date: Wed Feb 3 12:25:07 CST 2010

i'd like to bring one of my robots and/or my new robotlegs [walkchair] i'm building for myself. i have collected almost all the parts to start assembly of the exoskeleton frame with padded self-latching limb supports. unlike most bulky, strap-happy exoskeleton designs, this design focuses on unassisted quick entry and exit; a very important feature for disabled individuals to remain independent. once the frame is built and actuators are added, i would like to demonstrate it to the dprg members. the next real challenge is to design a walking/balancing program that accounts for 2 simultaneous intergrated models, the limited-range fragile human body and the robotic exoskeleton frame. if not designed or programmed correctly, the test pilot [which will not be me] may experience great pain and suffering....

so, who wants to help me build and test this thing??...      anyone??....       hellooooooo?

robotrock =]

p.s. - broke my neck 3-1-1982, 28 yrs ago.  it's time to do the robot walk!!