[DPRG] Work?

Subject: [DPRG] Work?
From: Dave Grubb davidagrubb at hotmail.com
Date: Thu Feb 4 09:46:57 CST 2010

Hi,

I started taking electronics classes back in high school and continued it through my Robotics degree (electronics and programming classes were compulsory in the first year for technical subjects). During that time I dealt with PIC, Atmel and ARM asm and C in one project or another. During my third year I worked with a friend who got a grant to build a robotic puppet, so we had to work out a bunch of electronics (PIC, CAN, capacitance touch sensors etc) and the mechanical aspects (pneumatics mainly) in the space of about six weeks. It was very hectic but very rewarding to have such autonomy. The project's website is still up: http://www.heartrobot.org.uk/

Later I took a bunch of classes in AI, machine vision, CPU design and real-time systems. After I graduated I was employed by the University to set up their iRobot Creates so they would be controlled with a Gumstix over WiFi. I've uploaded the documentation I wrote for them here: http://robot-talk.com/forum/index.php?topic=24.0

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Dave.