[DPRG] RE: Funding Grants for DPRG

Subject: [DPRG] RE: Funding Grants for DPRG
From: Erin Kennedy erin.robotics at robotgrrl.com
Date: Mon Feb 15 07:07:17 CST 2010

Hey guys,

I know that I've never been to DPRG, but you are a community. You can get a grant for doing outreach within the community-- there is no need to go out and make a giant robot (yet)! If you're really inspiring your community, you could probably even ask your town/county for ideas on where to look for a grant, they may have one! Here are some questions to think about:

What makes your Autonomous Robots different from those that can be found elsewhere?
What makes your group different?
How do you outreach to the community?
How do you inspire others to learn?
How much do others like to learn?

Let MIT have the fancy grants for being technological, but there's more to robotics than just the best sensors, processors, and actuators.

Hope this helps. ;)

Best,
RobotGrrl