[DPRG] Return of the AVR Mega-Geek

Subject: [DPRG] Return of the AVR Mega-Geek
From: Quinones, Jose jquinones at ti.com
Date: Mon Feb 15 14:49:03 CST 2010

Hi Group,

About five years ago, I was so much into AVR I even managed to become one of their "Consultants". I think my info is still on their website, although to be honest if I can develop a blinking LED, I'll be so amazed of myself, I may choke to death. (http://www.atmel.com/products/avr/consultants/usa_north_east.asp?family_id=607 AMAZING! I am still there!)

I am seriously considering returning to the AVR programming experience, but am not in the mood to code in assembly any more. So I would like to use some sort of FREE C compiler. I am not certain if the free AVR Developer Studio suite will accept a compiler, or what other IDE I could use. But I know there are some super duper awesome experts in this group which may be able to transfer this tidbit of information in a few pico seconds, if we decide to take it slow.

Any chance you can point me into some tutorial web page that explain how to configure the development tools? Try to imagine that I am not a programmer and that am quite dumb because although I can program, whenever I go to the GNU websites that detail how to get the freebies running, I don't even understand what on Earth they are talking about, which explains my GetronstopireikoNumiscailenotixUmbertifutopinetic Phobia (or mega fear to any GNU from hell related topics). Hopefully that has improved over the years?

Thanks for any input you may provide!

Best regards,

JIQ