[DPRG] Return of the AVR Mega-Geek

Subject: [DPRG] Return of the AVR Mega-Geek
From: warm38 warm38 at juno.com
Date: Mon Feb 15 19:13:09 CST 2010

For beginners (and even beginning Arduinos) there is always
smileymicro.com.  They have a book, kits, Arduinos, etc And that includes
setting up the tools.

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 14:49:03 -0600 "Quinones, Jose" <jquinones at ti.com>
writes:
Hi Group,

About five years ago, I was so much into AVR I even managed to become one
of their “Consultants”. I think my info is still on their website,
although to be honest if I can develop a blinking LED, I’ll be so amazed
of myself, I may choke to death.
(http://www.atmel.com/products/avr/consultants/usa_north_east.asp?family_
id=607 AMAZING! I am still there!)

I am seriously considering returning to the AVR programming experience,
but am not in the mood to code in assembly any more. So I would like to
use some sort of FREE C compiler. I am not certain if the free AVR
Developer Studio suite will accept a compiler, or what other IDE I could
use. But I know there are some super duper awesome experts in this group
which may be able to transfer this tidbit of information in a few pico
seconds, if we decide to take it slow.

Any chance you can point me into some tutorial web page that explain how
to configure the development tools? Try to imagine that I am not a
programmer and that am quite dumb because although I can program,
whenever I go to the GNU websites that detail how to get the freebies
running, I don’t even understand what on Earth they are talking about,
which explains my GetronstopireikoNumiscailenotixUmbertifutopinetic
Phobia (or mega fear to any GNU from hell related topics). Hopefully that
has improved over the years?

Thanks for any input you may provide!

Best regards,

JIQ