[DPRG] Return of the AVR Mega-Geek

Subject: [DPRG] Return of the AVR Mega-Geek
From: Quinones, Jose jquinones at ti.com
Date: Wed Feb 17 11:12:44 CST 2010

This is an awesome question indeed, except that in my side is totally backwards. I was thinking of coding the AVR's in C, not in Arduino/Sanguino/Pinguino/xDuino, etc.

So, which one is better?

I was under the impression that the xduinos are basically good for people that are getting started and are afraid to delve into microcontroller territory. But if you are a programmer, you might as well do assembly or C, which will give you way much more flexibility as you have full access to the on chip peripherals.

Is my assessment correct, or has the duinos managed to brake that barrier?

BTW, all I know about the xDuinos is that there is a bunch of them out there. Other than that, I will plead 100% ignorance.

Best regards,

JIQ
Texas Instruments - Applications Engineer
13560 North Central Expressway
MS3744
Dallas TX, 75243
Office: 1-214-567-7275