[DPRG] Home PCB production?

Subject: [DPRG] Home PCB production?
From: Stuart Stegall keltor at keltor.org
Date: Fri Feb 26 18:49:54 CST 2010

Personally I like the UV method, I find the results are extremely good.

I get my supplies usually from Electronic Goldmine.  They have 2-sided
copper clad FR4 PCBs 4"x8" for .99$.  I've made enough boards over the
years, that no PCB company on earth can seem to approach my costs.  I also
use their .0157" tungsten carbine bits.  I bought 50 for $30 at Xmas a
couple of years ago, which seemed like a very nice deal.

My uv process is easy:
1. Print the artwork onto transparent film. (Sometimes for quick and dirty,
I draw on the film with a Sharpie.)
2. Clean the board with acetone.
3. Spray board with Positiv 20 Photoresist spray (you can just buy
pretreated photoresist boards)
4. Allow to dry.
5. Repeat for side 2 if necessary.
6. Put board and artwork under weighed down plate glass.
7. Bathe in UV light for 15-20minutes.
8. Bath in developer (caustic soda in water, 1:2 ratio) for 15-20minutes.  I
aerate the developer.
9. Flush the board with water.
10. Let the board dry
11. Drill the holes.

That's my process and it's pretty darn cost effective.