[DPRG] Robot Vision Test

Subject: [DPRG] Robot Vision Test
From: vincent lopresti spaceminers2010 at yahoo.com
Date: Sat Feb 27 12:37:11 CST 2010

the frame rate will be less than 20fps. the led's blink 2x per second. we should get a couple of frames, say 4 out of 20 revealing the illuminated led's. i doubt this method will be successful.

i found another robot vision program called 'skilligent'. i'm thinking about using 1 webcam hanging from the ceiling looking down on a 4-color lego table with 3 different shaped helicopters, and one landing pad [a blue circle with a red + in the center, yes it's the lego chopper landing pad]. skilligent recognizes and tracks multiple objects quite well and gives you numbers you can work with. it also uses the server/client technique to achieve faster response time than using just one system.

all i need is an IR transceiver...  a trip to fry's? or does anyone have an old dusty IR trans they aren't using?

robotrock =]