[DPRG] Work with researchers?

Subject: [DPRG] Work with researchers?
From: Rud Merriam k5rud at arrl.net
Date: Tue Jan 5 21:04:07 CST 2010

It sounds intriguing to me. I'd love to work with someone.

Another disadvantage is bringing the hobbyist up to speed on techniques. For
instance, with my ham radio background I've done some research into forward
error correcting codes but ran into a blockage. I couldn't manage the
breakthrough without some instruction. Similarly I am starting some vision
handling with robotics and will surely need some assistance at some point.
Is it worth their effort to work me through the issues? Bear in mind that I
am a retired software developer so understanding requirements and techniques
is part of my experience so they wouldn't have to hold my hand much.

 - 73 -
Rud Merriam K5RUD
ARES AEC Montgomery County, TX
http://mysticlakesoftware.com/