[DPRG] Hello + Roomba/Create

Subject: [DPRG] Hello + Roomba/Create
From: Dave Grubb davidagrubb at hotmail.com
Date: Thu Jan 7 11:14:30 CST 2010

Thanks, Ron. I can't wait.

A year or two back my old Uni lecturer bought ten Creates along with a Gumstix, Robostix and Wifi-stix stack for each. He gave me a Summer job installing Player on the Gumstix and networking it with the copy of Pyrobot on the department's server. The end result was pretty cool as the students could program and test their algorithms in simulation then try it on a proper agent without having to rewrite or download anything which was a lot easier than reprogramming an Arduino over and over. I was really impressed with the iRobot hardware.