[DPRG] "Free Day" at SparkFun is January 7

Subject: [DPRG] "Free Day" at SparkFun is January 7
From: Rick Bickle rbickle at intconsys.com
Date: Mon Jan 11 17:36:36 CST 2010

Randy,

I'm in total agreement with you regarding disdain for the entitlement
mentality, but does a free giveaway promote that?

It seems to me that given the fact that they were going to spend x
thousand dollars on advertisement anyway; They simply chose to do it in
an unusual way (i.e. free stuff). Based on the number of posts and
excitement it seems to have generated on the DPRG list, I'd say it was
probably good advertisement. Furthermore, it probably makes customers
(or potential customers) of theirs check the website regularly in hopes
of finding such an offer again, which achieves the end result of
advertising...

-Rick