Fwd: [DPRG] Programmable Logic Devices Question

Subject: Fwd: [DPRG] Programmable Logic Devices Question
From: Jeff Koenig koenig.jeff at gmail.com
Date: Thu Jan 14 15:19:08 CST 2010

It's been ages, but I used to use plenty of 22V10s. There's a whole family
of these programmable logic devices, numbered similarly (16V8, etc.)

I don't know about 8-pin parts, but the parts I recall seemed to be in the
16 to 24 pin range.  The architecture is a small handful of flip-flops with
an array of logic so you can implement discrete logic functions or small
state machines.

Lattice has their GAL family, and ICT has the PEEL parts that work about the
same.  They are (or were) available in breadboard-friendly DIP packages.

I don't know if they've kept up with the times with their development
software.  The last time I used one was with DOS tools.

-Jeff