[DPRG] First attempt at PCBs

Subject: [DPRG] First attempt at PCBs
From: deltagraph at aol.com deltagraph at aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 16 15:34:07 CST 2010

Scott,

Just a few ideas from someone with some experience.

Advanced circuits offers a nice design rule check for free.
_www.freedfm.com_ (http://www.freedfm.com)   This is pretty  handy since
Eagle does not include a Gerber Viewer.

In many cases, helpful thing to do is to print a 1X scale rendition of
your board and verify components fit properly and you have clearance  between
components. I have skipped that step a number of times and been  burned.

Verify connectivity of all of your nets using Eyeball (Show?) command. Real
 handy to have a large monitor or dual monitor computer where you can view
schematic and board at same time as you light up each net.

I seemed to have more problems with getting everything connected on power
and ground busses when I first got started.

I you are using copper pour make sure your isolation distance is not set to
 low -- if producing a board without solder mask, in this case I find it a
real  pain to remove solder bridges.

Double check library parts have correct pinouts... (most all do).

Ron