[DPRG] Forum on Robotics

Subject: [DPRG] Forum on Robotics
From: John Dolecek jdolecek at gmail.com
Date: Mon Jan 18 09:47:38 CST 2010

I like it!  I've always preferred the forum approach.  It doesn't always
work well with small groups (like dprg) but it's great with larger groups
because things are filtered down into categories that make it easy to only
browse the things you're interested in (i.e. software, drives, electronics,
etc).  I think you've wisely chosen to not limit this to a DPRG list.  There
are several large robot forums like this already out on the web, but the
signal to noise ratio is terrible.  Mostly kids asking how to build their
first robot.  That's all fine and good, but I'd like to see a more technical
forum with some of the hyper-intelligent minds from places like DPRG brought
together.

I've posted, I encourage others to do the same.

I think the email list we have is just fine for 90% of the DPRG
communications but I see this as a valuable resource where relevant data can
be archived and more easily browsed than the current list.

-John