[DPRG] Is the Rovio a viable platform?

Subject: [DPRG] Is the Rovio a viable platform?
From: Anton Olsen anton at antonolsen.com
Date: Sat Jan 23 21:02:13 CST 2010

I've torn one apart, and if all you're using is the drivetrain and
chassis it might work well enough. There don't appear to be any built
in encoders so you'd have to add them. Also, slippage is pretty high
on carpet so you may not get good info from the encoders.

The electronics are less friendly looking. Standard consumer grade
components that remind me of a cheap wifi router. It might be worth
googling to see if anyone has added their own firmware to it though.

Anton

--
http://antonolsen.com/
http://geekdad.com/