[DPRG] mega caps

Subject: [DPRG] mega caps
From: DeltaGraph at aol.com DeltaGraph at aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 24 22:26:25 CST 2010

Rud,  / Vincent

Supercaps with low voltage rating and limited ability to deliver high
currents are capable of some pretty incredible storage capacities. I  remember
seeing some club members with caps about the size of a "D" cell rated  at
something like 5 or 10 Farads.

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_double-layer_capacitor_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_double-layer_capacitor)

Still looks like a million F cap would be quite large.

Now maybe you are not calling a supercap a capacitor?

I guess, Vincent, one question might be what voltage your are looking  at?
Were you serious about 1 Million Farads. I guess that would be 1 MF cap?

Ron