[DPRG] mega caps

Subject: [DPRG] mega caps
From: R. Steven Rainwater srainwater at ncc.com
Date: Sun Jan 24 22:43:03 CST 2010

On Sun, 2010-01-24 at 23:26 -0500, DeltaGraph at aol.com wrote:
> Supercaps with low voltage rating and limited ability to deliver high
> currents are capable of some pretty incredible storage capacities. I
> remember seeing some club members with caps about the size of a "D"
> cell rated at something like 5 or 10 Farads.

Those were probably the Maxwell ultracaps I was playing with a few years
back. They were 350F 1.6v and as you say, the same form factor as a D
cell. I don't think they have any 1MF caps yet but their Boostcap series
goes up to 3K Farads at 2.7V, peak discharge current is around 2K Amps.

http://www.maxwell.com/ultracapacitors/products/large-cell/bcap0650.asp

-Steve