[DPRG] mega caps

Subject: [DPRG] mega caps
From: Quinones, Jose jquinones at ti.com
Date: Mon Jan 25 10:43:45 CST 2010

Extremely entertaining posting.

Everybody has gotten out and started to try and get this 1 MFarad cap into existence. Has anyone thought which lottery game to play in order to secure this dinky little cap (not to mention the warehouse to store it).

I did a search on digikey and they have a 4000F cap available for a measly $246.9. In order to reach the 1MF, you would need to invest $61,725.00 + tax and shipping.

I don't know if you have that kind of cash or even a credit card that can sink that amount, but it seems we are better off building the flux capacitor and traveling to November 17, 2155, when I bet Frygikey.com will sell 1MF caps for a few cents...

Best regards,

JIQ
Texas Instruments - Applications Engineer
13560 North Central Expressway
MS3744
Dallas TX, 75243
Office: 1-214-567-7275