[DPRG] Ink Jet Resist Application for PC Board Production

Subject: [DPRG] Ink Jet Resist Application for PC Board Production
From: Quinones, Jose jquinones at ti.com
Date: Tue Jan 26 11:10:14 CST 2010

I think the way these lasers work, is there is some optical element whose "light resistance" (if there is such a thing) is modulated like as if with a video signal. Hence, the laser output is not necessarily what reaches the medium, being lasered.

The reason why I say this, is because you can generate quasi 3D surfaces by applying gradients of color in the artwork, which the laser then interprets as scalable power settings.

This is of course the impression I got as I was shopping for the laser and it does not mean that I am correct.

It is also how the lasers that I worked with during Star Wars times (A long time ago and in a far far away place...) operated to trim capacitors and resistors during a pager manufacturing process. Yes, I told you Star Wars times!

Best regards,

JIQ
Texas Instruments - Applications Engineer
13560 North Central Expressway
MS3744
Dallas TX, 75243
Office: 1-214-567-7275