[DPRG] Permanent Meeting Location

Subject: [DPRG] Permanent Meeting Location
From: Glenn Pipe ggpipe at yahoo.com
Date: Thu Jan 28 08:46:25 CST 2010

I've been studying hacker spaces too and I think there is no question that DFW is big enough for one. There are already hundres of hacker spaces set up all over the world in places as likeFayetteville Arkanas. Some places have several like Denver.

I think it's just a matter of putting the effort into it.

Thanks,

Glenn

From: "Quinones, Jose" <jquinones at ti.com>

I started asking here at work, and everybody seemed to be convinced that should be a no brainer in Silicon Valley, but that since Dallas is so Geek Diluted, something like that would not work. I agree a facility as large as 4400 SQFT would be too large a project here for the DFW region, but there has to be a way in which this can be done.

Would it be too impossible to get a medium size warehouse for $500 a month and get 10 members to pay $50 bucks a month? Seems a little bit unfair since everybody else would not pay a dime, but of course the 10 payees would have some kind of special advantage such as storage space or access to tools. I am certain you guys thought this over far much more than this, but I can imagine a lot of people willing to pay $25 to $50 a month if the return is appealing enough.

JIQ
st